The first thing you need to do is to download the map of where you are heading so the app can navigate you even though you’re offline. From the main screen of the app, click the Hamburger icon, select “Download Maps,” and then click “Download Maps” again. Here WeGo is a web mapping and navigation service, now operated by Here Technologies. But in the end, both apps have good, if not similar offline features and they compete neck-to-neck with each other. Earlier Nokia’s HERE WeGo used to be an exclusive feature of Nokia devices and its availability was also quite limited. It was only after a considerable amount of time the company decided to make it public along with all its features and today Android users can enjoy the benefits of it on their phones, free of cost.
Tap the Directions button to launch Maps and get your route. Siri can help you get directions to where you need to be, or even give you cool Flyover tours of major landmarks. For details regarding specific features included in each plan, see our Plan Features page.
Invite More Apps Along For The Ride
But things change drastically after usage of about a month. Google Maps consumes about a total of 395 MB of space, with 262MB of user data alone. In contrast, the total space consumed by HERE WeGo is 190MB.
- Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities.
- I’d also rather install from the store – uninstalling HERE to install an older version meant that all the maps I had downloaded for offline use were wiped out and I had to download them again.
- Heading to an area you aren’t really familiar with, or looking for something new to do in an area you’ve been to a number of times?
- That’s because Apple imposes a lot of restrictions on the way CarPlay apps are allowed to look, so all of the information, buttons, and options are generally laid out in the same way across all three apps.
- Cars supported by CarPlay should have built-in controls, such as a touchscreen, rotary knob, or touchpad.
You can also see where individual cameras are located on the map. Now it’s easier to plan trips and find the best route for your electric vehicle. Maps can track your current vehicle charge and factor in things like elevation to automatically add charging stops along the way. It knows which type of charger works for your car, making sure to route you to compatible stations.3 And it even accounts for charging time when calculating your ETA. the problem with wirless carplay is that it requires WIFI_5G which is integrated with the wireless charger . And the most weird, I tried to restart the MMI 5 times, and just one time, randomly, the “Messages” application on MMI worked, and I had my messages on the MMI.
A number of iOS users have also lamented that the Google Maps app does not integrate well with their iPhone visit the following website contacts. This can be rectified through a privacy setting change, but that solution may not be apparent to some users. One of Google Maps’ most controversial features is its location sharing. While location sharing makes it easy for a user to determine the whereabouts of his or her contacts, this has sparked a flurry of concerns about privacy.